Jean Givan Chronicles

 Jean Givan Chronicles

So My Journey Begins AGAIN

Here I am, in the midst of this COVID pandemic, and in the midst of my 10th year of providing primary care to my 90-year old (soon to be 91 years old) mom, and I am embarking on another transitional life journey, yet AGAIN.

This is goood. I'm just writing, right now. Free writing. Let me not be rude... Let's begin with a formal introduction. 




WHO AM I?

My name is Jean Marie Givan. I am a 57 year old straight woman. Never married, no kids. That clarification is necessary nowadays because people sometimes think I'm gay because I'm single, and I have no kids. Nope.  

I was born and raised in Queens, NY. Born in Jamaica, NY (Mary Immaculate Hospital, which no longer exists), and I was raised in Hollis, Queens. Went to school (from kindergarten to 4th grade) at St. Pascal's. Then I wanted a taste of public school, so I went P.S. 118 for the 5th grade. I went to I.S. 238 for the 6th grade. Then I went back to Catholic School, in Harlem (St. Aloysius), for 7th and 8th grade.

High School, all girls - Cathedral High School, in Midtown Manhattan. College, Syracuse University. I went four years straight, started as a regular, smegular student. Walked onto the women's basketball team. Ended up with a scholarship, and was on scholarship for the remainder of my collegiate career, even though I wasn't on the team in my senior year. Long story, not for this post. Maybe another day.

Ended up getting my BA degree in English, from SU's College of Arts and Sciences. That should tell a little about me. I'm an artsy person. Disciplined in some things, undisciplined in others. Working on it. I guess that's enough for now. Will continue again, soon. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Connected

Connecting the Dots

WORK FROM HOME