Still Connected

Happy 50th Anniversary

 (Love Gospel Assembly)



On October 1, I opened my Bible, one of the ones I hadn't used for awhile. It automatically opened up to Luke 4. I went right to Luke 4:18, as that had been the Scripture I had gotten well acquainted with back in the early 90s because I was charged by the late, great Bishop Gerald Julius Kaufman with the task of transcribing a 6-cassette sermon series (that shows how long ago that was - when have you last seen a cassette tape?)

It was the wee hours of the morning, yet I texted Pastor Lillian Gutierrez because she and I had worked feverishly in the summer of 1990 to compile what became Dr. Kaufman's thesis (God is Not the God of Poverty but He is the God of the Poor) for his doctoral dissertation for his Ph,D. which also became the book pictured above, The God of the Poor. Bishop Kaufman passed in 1997, RIP, Bishop. Miss you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting the Dots

WORK FROM HOME