RIP - Gigi (Mom's Beloved Dog)

 RIP Gigi


I miss Gigi. As much as she got on my nerves. And how much of her poop and pee I had to clean up. But now that she's gone.... OMG. So sad. Like an annoying little sibling. Nagging, gnawing, but in her absence... so sad.

Mom's dear Gigi went onto Doggy Heaven, last Friday, 11/13. She had an ulcerated eye. How was this discovered. About a week or so prior, I took it upon myself to try to clip Gigi's nails. The couple of times Gerald (my brother who's a veterinarian) came thru, he didn't get a chance to clip Gigi's nails. He had forgotten his clippers, the last time he was here. And the time before, he just didn't have them.

Trying to help the pooch, in any way I could, I took it upon myself to clip. But even though I though I gave it enough space to not be a problem, that was not the case. She started bleeding, and bleeding, and bleeding. I was sad because I caused her more pain. So, I held Gigi, like she was a little baby, in my lap. FOR THE WHOLE DAY.

God surely knew....

That day, Mom was in the bed for most of the day. So, I just let Gigi lay in my lap, and I was petting and comforting her. (sigh) And as I was rubbing her, I came across her bulbous, shut closed right eye. 


Yet despite being in that condition, Gigi bounced back. She got right on up the next day, and if you didn't know any better, you would never have known.... But I knew, and thankfully, Gerald came and checked her out, discovered what the deal was her, and did what was the right thing to do....

Miss you, Gigi
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Connected

Connecting the Dots

WORK FROM HOME