Building a Home-Based Business (Continued)

 Building a Home-Based Business

(Continued)

Watching my dad, his friends and colleagues run the Hollis Biddy Basketball League (HBBL) imbedded some entrepreneurial seeds in me, as well as my parents dabbling in Amway and Ameriprise, back in the day. Fast forward to now, entrepreneurialism is wafting in the air, and has been through all of those years. It came closer to me as I had to try to figure out how to generate income while I took on the role as unpaid primary caregiver of my mom.

That's cool, usually. I mean, it's my mom. Why should I be paid to look after her, after all she's done for me? Well, I left my job (as a child care worker at a teenage girls' group home, in Pasadena, CA), my pension, and the beautiful sunshine of Southern California. And I have brothers whose jobs were undisturbed. Everybody else's life remained relatively the same. Mine was uprooted, at my expense, and I came to a no-pay situation. And it's been quite a struggle. 

My mother's. Our mother's health continued to show signs of aging, starting with fluid around her heart, so she couldn't get a cataract eye surgery she was scheduled for. COPD, the fluid around her heart removed. Pneumonia. Fall risk, having fallen about 5x in those 10 years. Dementia, Alzheimer's, loss of hearing. Whooo chile, it's been a journey. 

All the while, I was online, trying to figure stuff out. Well, back-up, I had to get online better. I had a little notebook, but I needed better computer capabilities to be able to navigate the cyber-landscape. And it has been quite an adventure. I had to get a laptop, a printer, and I have since gotten two other printers, with another one on the way. Those blog posts are to come....

But, I hopped online and learned all I could about making money online. It seemed easy enough, but it wasn't. There was plenty to learn and while you can do quite a bit with little to no money. A lot could not be done because of lack of funds, so I floundered. I was like a ship tossed in a tempest. I was lost at sea. I didn't know it at the time, but I was.

Tried everything from 5Linx, to affiliate marketing, to driving taxis (not home-based, but hey) and more. I've done Instacart, Uber, sold Tupperware, tried to start another blog before. But now, things have come full-circle and it seems to be the thing that's sticking the most is SUBLIMATION and Heat Transfer Printing. So, that's what the home based business will be about. Remember the post a few days ago about Business in a Box? Did I do that? Wait, let me check (lol). Will get back to this blogging in a moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Connected

Connecting the Dots

WORK FROM HOME